This is a closeup of the Cone Nebula, clearly visible at lower center. Its extension is 10', and is one of the best example of dark nebulae. Just above is the open cluster NGC2264, containing about 40 stars. The cluster is embedded in a reflection nebula, associated with the variable star S Monocerotis.
- Exposure : three 35 min. negatives scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+, blended in Picture Window 2.0 and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS/102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Ektapress PJ400
- Location : Champorcher (Val d'Aosta) - 1800mt. height
- Date : February 05, 2000