IC1318 is a large emission nebulosity that surronds the star Sadr (Gamma Cygni). The nebula covers an area of 2,5x3 degrees, and of consequence on the photo is represented only a part of it. The two small open clusters visible in the picture are NGC6910 at upper right, and M29 (NGC6913) at lower left.
- Exposure : one 40 min. negative scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+ and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Multispeed PJM-2
- Location : Piano di Nivolet (Val d'Aosta) - 2600mt. height
- Date : June 11, 1999
Click here to see a higher resolution image