The nebula imaged above is located in a nebular complex centered around the star Sadr, Gamma Cygni, and is catalogued as IC1318. In reality, this nebular complex is extended for more than 3°, and the picture represent the S-W part. However, this nebula is a wonderful target, being extended for about 40'. The image is an Ha(HaR)GB.
- Camera : Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 with Astronomik 13nm Ha and RGB Type II dichroic filters
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a GM2000-FS2
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Exposure : 6x900sec. Ha unbinned - 3X300sec. each RGB binned 2x2
- Processing : MaxIm (align, combine, stretching) - Photoshop (final enhancing)
- Location : from my backyard in Castano Primo (Mi)
- Date : August 14, 2004
Click here to see a higher resolution image