For its shape, IC1805 is also called Hearth Nebula. Embedded in the nebulosity itself is the open cluster Mel15. At top center is the open cluster NGC1027. The compact emission nebula at lower center is IC1795, sometimes called The Northern Bear.
- Exposure : two 40 min. negatives scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+, blended in Picture Window 2.0 and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Multispeed PJM-2
- Location : Champorcher (Val d'Aosta) - 1800mt. height
- Date : November 20, 1998
Click here to see an higher resolution image