Imaged above is the eastern section of IC1805, the famous Heart Nebula in Cassiopeia, which form a beatiful nebular complex togheter with IC1848, named as the Soul Nebula. IC1805 is extended for one square degree, and the section represented on the image is about a quarter of the whole nebula. The object is a wonderful mix of emission and dark nebulas, and contains the open cluster Mel15, which is formed by 30 star (ar center right, near the brightest part of the nebula).
- Camera : Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 with Astronomik 13nm Ha filter
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a GM2000-FS2
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Exposure : 6x600sec. unbinned
- Processing : MaxIm (align, combine, stretching) - Photoshop (final enhancing)
- Location : Piano di Nivolet (Val d'Aosta) - 2600mt. height
- Date : August 22, 2003
Click here to see a higher resolution image