This beautiful field is a bit forgotten from astrophotographers, despite the fact that contains four pure reflection nebulae. Is located in the constellation Monoceros, 3.5° NW of the Cone Nebula. The main nebula is IC2169, that have a dimension of 30x25'. The other three reflecting nebulae are (from left to right) NGC2247, NGC2245 and IC446.
- Exposure : three 35 min. negatives scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+, blended in Picture Window 2.0 and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS/102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Ektapress PJ400
- Location : Champorcher (Val d'Aosta) - 1800mt. height
- Date : February 05, 2000