The picture above shows the neck and the eye of the famous Pelican nebula, IC5070. Together with its neighbor NGC7000, the North America Nebula, form one of the most famous pair in the Northern sky. Image taken by me and my friend Alessandro Cipolat.
- Camera : Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 with Custom Scientific 4,5nm Ha filter
- Telescope : Takahashi FSQ-106 at F/5 on a GM2000-FS2
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Exposure : 6x15min. unbinned
- Processing : MaximDL (combine and stretching) - Photoshop (final enhancing)
- Location : from my backyard (Castano Primo near Milan)
- Date : July 18, 2003