M16 (NGC6611), visible at right center, is an open cluster in Serpens Cauda embedded in an area of emission nebulosity often referred to as Eagle Nebula.At left center is M17 (NGC6618), another emission area well known as Omega Nebula or Horseshoe Nebula.This surrounds an open cluster containing about 40 stars.
- Exposure : two 35 min. negatives scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+, blended in Picture Window 2.0 and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Multispeed PJM-2
- Location : Piano di Nivolet (Val d'Aosta) - 2600mt. height
- Date : July 16,1999
Click here to see a higher resolution image