M31 (NGC 224) is a spiral galaxy twin of our own. Its distance is 2.2 million light years.
Companions of this wonderful object are two elliptical dwarf galaxies, NGC 205 (lower right) and NGC 221 (upper left).
- Exposure : one 50 min. negative scanned with Fuji Pictroscan 400 and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Multispeed PJM-2
- Location : Champorcher (Val d'Aosta) - 1800mt. height
- Date : October 04, 1997
Click here to see an higher resolution image