This is the field of the so called "Orion Sword", an huge complex of E+R nebulae. From top to bottom are the following : NGC1973/5/7 (the Running Man Nebula), M42/43 (NGC1976/1982, the Great Orion Nebula) and NGC1999 (the small reflection nebula at lower center).
- Exposure : two 45 min. and one 4 min. negatives scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+, blended in Picture Window 2.0 and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Multispeed PJM-2
- Location : Champorcher (Val d'Aosta) - 1800mt. height
- Date : October 23, 1998