M46(NGC2437) is one of the most beautiful open clusters in Puppis, the stern of the ship Argo. It contains 220 stars, and in the northern fringe is visible the small planetary nebula NGC2438 (1 arc minute in dimensions). M47 (NGC2422) is another open cluster visible at right in the photo. It's constituted of 80 stars, and is less rich than is fellow.
- Exposure : one 25 min. negative scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+ and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope :Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Multispeed PJM-2
- Location : Champorcher (Val d'Aosta) - 1800mt. height
- Date : March 26, 1998