M51 (NGC5194) for its shape is also called Whirlpool Galaxy. It's an Sc spiral galaxy interconnected to the companion NGC5195. In the field are also visible other faint galaxies at lower center (from left to right are NGC5198, NGC5169 and NGC5173).
- Exposure : one 35 min. negative scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+ and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Multispeed PJM-2
- Location : Champorcher (Val d'Aosta) - 1800mt. height
- Date : March 26, 1998