NGC2174 (the Monkey's Head Nebula) is a complex of E+R nebulosity in Orion, near the border with Gemini. At left side is NGC2175, an open cluster related to NGC2174. The round emission nebula at upper center is Sh2-274.
- Exposure : one 40 min. negative scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+ and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Multispeed PJM-2
- Location : Champorcher (Val d'Aosta) - 1800mt. height
- Date : February 28, 1998