NGC2174 is an emission nebula in Gemini, which resemble the form of a monkey head. It lies at south of the open cluster M35, and has a diameter of 20'. At lower right of the nebula, in the image is visible the cluster NGC2175.
- Camera : Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 with Astronomik 13nm Ha filter
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a GM2000-FS2
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Exposure : 6x600sec. unbinned
- Processing : MaxIm (align, combine, stretching) - Photoshop (final enhancing)
- Location : Champorcher (Val d'Aosta) - 1800 mt. height
- Date : October 25, 2003
Click here to see a higher resolution image