NGC2237 is the famous Rosette Nebula, a large emission nebulosity located in Monoceros. Into the nebula are clearly visible some dark nebulae and Bok globules. The Rosette surrounds the open cluster NGC2244, visible to the unaided eye at left of Orion.
- Exposure : one 40 min. negative scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+ and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Multispeed PJM-2
- Location : Champorcher (Val d'Aosta) - 1800mt. height
- Date : November 20, 1997
Click here to see a higher resolution image