NGC4565, togheter with NGC891 in Andromeda, is the most beautiful example of edge-on galaxy. Its relative dimensions are conspicuos, measuring 15,5'x 2,1'. Also with short focal lenghts (5-600mm.), a lot of details are clearly visible on the galaxy, as the massive dust lane and the luminous bulge. The object is spindle shaped; G. de Vaucouleurs determined that its central plane is tilted only 4° from our line of sight.
- Camera : Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 with Astronomik LRGB dichroic filters
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/8 on a GM2000-FS2
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Exposure : L 8x600sec. - RGB 3x300sec. each all unbinned
- Processing : MaxIm (align, combine, DDP) - Photoshop (final enhancing)
- Location : Cima Colletta - 1400 mt. height
- Date : May 7, 2005
Click here to see a higher resolution image