NGC6946 is a spirax galaxy that lies just on the border between Cygnus and Cepheus. Altought this isn't a bright or extended object, it's particular to be observed cause in it have appeared six supernovae in the period from 1910 to 1980. At upper center is NGC6939, an open cluster containing about 80 stars.
- Exposure : one 35 min. negative scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+ and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Multispeed PJM-2
- Location : Piano di Nivolet (Val d'Aosta) - 2600mt. height
- Date : September 17, 1998