NGC7000 is the catalog number of the famous North America Nebula, which is located in Cygnus. The picture above shows only a part, and exactly the Mexico and the Gulf of Mexico. Being this a pure emission nebula, the use of Ha filters allows to increase a lot the details visibility.
- Camera : Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 with Astronomik 13nm Ha filter
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a GM2000-FS2
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Exposure : 6x600sec. unbinned
- Processing : MaxIm (align, combine, stretching) - Photoshop (final enhancing)
- Location : from my backyard (Castano Primo near Milan)
- Date : July 26, 2003
Click here to see a higher resolution image