NGC7380 is an emission nebula which is located in Cepheus. It is quite bright, and has a dimension of 35'x 19'. It contains an open cluster formed by 40 stars, which has the same catalog number of the nebula. In some star atlases, the nebula is reported also as Sh2-142.
- Camera : Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 with Astronomik 13nm Ha filter
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a GM2000-FS2
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Exposure : 6x600sec. unbinned
- Processing : MaxIm (align, combine, stretching) - Photoshop (final enhancing)
- Location : from my backyard in Castano Primo (Milan)
- Date : August 02, 2003
Click here to see a higher resolution image