The nebula imaged above is NGC6992/5, the eastern and brighter part of the Veil nebula, a supernova remnant in Cygnus. The Veil is a loop extended for 3°. Visually it's a nice object, and became wonderful with the help of an OIII filter. It is named also as the Network Nebula, and measure 60'x 8'. The picture is a mosaic of two images.
- Camera : Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 with Astronomik 13nm Ha filter
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a GM2000-FS2
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Exposure : Mosaic of two images - 6x600sec. each unbinned
- Processing : MaxIm (align, combine, stretching) - Photoshop (final enhancing)
- Location : Piano di Nivolet (Val d'Aosta) - 2600mt height
- Date : August 22, 2003
Click here to see a higher resolution image
Click here to see an Ha(HaR)GB image