The Veil or Cirrus Nebula is a supernova remnant located in Cygnus. Its distance is estimated in 2500 light years from us. From left to right are NGC6992-5 (the brightest portion of the Veil), the Pickering's Triangular Wisp and NGC6960 near the star 52 Cygni.
- Exposure : two 40 min. negatives scanned with Polaroid Sprintscan 35+, blended in Picture Window 2.0 and enhanced with Photoshop 4.0
- Telescope : Takahashi FS-102 at F/6 with focal reducer on a Losmandy G11
- Guiding : ST4 on a Vixen 80/910mm.
- Film : unhypered Kodak Multispeed PJM-2
- Location : Piano di Nivolet (Val d'Aosta) - 2600mt. height
- Date : July 10, 1999